Pediatric podiatry focuses on caring for a child’s growing feet. Our staff are trained to diagnose and treat conditions related to normal and abnormal development of the feet and ankles.
Feet make up about 25% of a person’s bones, and their care can be quite complex. Foot care for children is quite different from that for adults. Pain or other conditions involving the feet must be evaluated because they can affect a child’s walking and development.
Our staff treat children and adolescent patients for ailments from the ankle and below, including:
- Ingrown toenails
- Newborn congenital deformities of the foot and ankle (clubfoot, polydactyly, etc.)
- Bone and joint deformities of the foot and ankle
- Fractures and sprains of the foot and ankle
- Skin and soft tissue problems
- Abscesses, puncture wounds, and foreign bodies in the foot and ankle